Family Care Connections, LLC provides comprehensive services in the following areas:
Advanced Practice Nurse Care Management and Geriatric Care Management;
Medicaid eligibility, planning and applications;
Medicare and Supplemental Insurance Information
Senior Living Options/Housing Options For Aging
Retirement Living and Wellness Planning
Senior Living Planning/Care Management
Elder Care Consulting and Counseling
Please review info. set forth in Publications/Resources in this website for further information
Advanced Practice Nurse Care Management
What is an Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager?
• The Advanced Practice Nurse Care Management holds advanced clinical and academic degrees, and board certifications.
• She has years of clinical experience to help individuals and their families navigate through a
• She teaches and counsels people so they can understand the extent of their illness and helps
them decide on the most appropriate care options in the best possible setting.
How Can the Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager be Helpful to you?
The Advanced Practice Nurse Care Management can perform the necessary physical and mental exams to determine the appropriate level of care including:
• PRI and Screen
• Mini Mental Status Exam
• Other assessment and diagnostic tests to determine care needs
• Determine the appropriate level of care such as:
► Aging at home
► Assisted Living
► Nursing Home
• Develop an appropriate care plan and ensure that the plan is maintained.
• Provide goal oriented and supportive counseling to the patient and loved ones when necessary.
Dr. Ann Marie D'Angelo DNP continuously evaluates the patient to determine if there are changes in the patients physical or mental condition to ensure the plan that is developed is appropriate and the proper health care providers and therapists are in place. While educating and counseling the individual as well as the family on the physical and emotional issues involving the patient, advocacy on behalf of the patient is provided by Dr. D'Angelo while she serves as a liason between health care professionals, facilities and the patient/family.
Dr. Ann Marie D' Angelo DNP uses research based tools to identify healthcare needs.
She is New York State Certified to complete the PRI and Screen to evaluate nursing home placement and frequently utilizes the Mini-Mental Status Exam as well as other tests to evaluate level of care needs.
Dr. Ann Marie D' Angelo DNP determines long and short term plans based on these evaluations and help clients remain at home or go the most appropriate facility for their care needs.
• Physical and Mental Health Evaluations
• Home-care coordination & "Aging in Place"
• PRI and Screen Evaluations
• Mini-Mental Status Exams
• Rehabilitation, Nursing Home & Assisted Living Placements
• Individual & Family Education and Counseling
• Patient Advocacy
Additional information can be found in the publication section of this website.
Please contact Dr. Ann Marie D' Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org with any
Senior Living Planning/Care Management
We offer all phases of support during the aging process, as well as when a loved one is deceased. It is easy to become overwhelmed during this time of loss both emotionally and financially. Our Senior Living Planning Specialist assists individuals with personal and estate affairs after the loss of a loved one. We offer assistance with household financial management and bill paying, as well as property management. Support services and counseling are provided during life's many challenges especially when dealing with illness or death. Our Senior Living Planning Specialist will interface with the many professionals required to get things done for you and your loved ones including:
• Health Care Professionals
• Real Estate Professionals
• Credit Card Companies
• Utility/Phone Companies
• Life Insurance Companies
• Social Security Administration
• Retirement Communities
• Department of Motor Vehicles
Other services provided by our Senior Living Planning Specialist include:
• Coordinate with funeral home on all arrangements
• Help get organized and maintain all paperwork
• Provide home cleanouts and organization
• Provide recommendations for bereavement support and counseling
• Provide information and referral for all other physical or mental health services
Additional information is available in the Publication section of this website
contact Dr. Frank G. D'Angelo JD, PhD and MaryEllen Clarke with any questions at:
Homecare, Community and Nursing Home
Sometimes individuals are suffering from a chronic long terms illness that requires long term care. This type of care may be provided in the home or in a long term care facility, this can be very costly, therefore, people facing this problem may want to consider Medicaid as a method to pay for this care. People who have assets or higher income can often times qualify after proper planning is put into place.
Family Care Connections, LLC Medicaid services has a team of individuals with over 25 years' experience in Medicaid eligibility and the application process, the team can help plan for eligibility and assist in the application process. We also help avoid the many pitfalls in the application eligibility process Family Care Connections, LLC can also assist in the recovery of out of pocket cost during the pendency of a Medicaid application and advocate for increased hours of services at home. Additional Information about the eligibility requirements and the application process can be found in the resources/publication section of this website.
We Can Help With
• Home Care Medicaid Eligibility
• Community Medicaid Eligibility
• Nursing Home Medicaid Eligibility
• Assisted Living Medicaid Eligibility
• Increased Hours of Services
• Retroactive Reimbursement